Exercise Is The Basis of
Health, Strength & Beauty
Tanya started studying yoga when she was nine years old at the Santa Fe Community School in Santa Fe, New Mexico. She continued her yoga studies in San Francisco, California. She began to teach Hatha Yoga in health spas and wellness centers in Santa Fe, New Mexico. For many years, she also taught Hatha Yoga at Rio Caliente, a health spa outside Guadalajara, Mexico. She has completed Yoga Teacher Training and Certification that gives her the credentials to teach all levels of Hatha Yoga.
To Tanya,these are the many benefits of Hatha Yoga:
- brings a combination of radiant power and reflective energy to the physical body.
- leads to physical benefits such as increased flexibility, strength and digestive health.
- exercises every muscle, nerve and gland in the body.
- the body becomes elastic without being muscle-bound.
- the best form of exercise to thwart the physical conditions and diseases of age.
- reduces fatigue and soothes the nerves.
- speaks of youth as a form of energy or aliveness that can only emerge when the physical body is fit and the spirit is willing.
- brings an outer expression of youth and true beauty, dependent upon inner health and a calm mental attitude.
- strength and composure in responding to life’s events, flexibility in thinking and balance in emotional lives.
- centers and realigns the physical body for emotional and mental well-being.
- creates a harmonizing effect on the emotions and mind.
- can lead to vibrant good health, renewed energy and endurance, increased flexibility and suppleness and an ever-developing state of inner joy.
Tanya is available to teach Hatha Yoga at workshops, spas and resorts and for private and group sessions.
For Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Yoga DVDs, see DVDs!
Kathy Riemer, Carefree AZ
“I’ve practiced Yoga for some 50 years. In that time, I’ve worked with a great many teachers. Tanya is among the very best, and a delight to study with. She’s extremely knowledgeable about the practice. That knowledge allows her to provide just the right type and level of guidance and gentle challenge to meet needs of students… from those new to the practice to those with more experience. She also is well able to help those who may be experiencing temporary or more-extended physical challenges to find the positions and moves that are most beneficial to their specific situations. This is a real gift, and one that sets her apart from and above many other instructors. It also allows her to make each session both a challenge and a joy for her students. Yoga with Tanya is time extremely well and pleasantly spent.”
“I have participated in small group sessions (Hatha Yoga) with Tanya for approximately 3 years. She is an excellent instructor and highly accomplished in her own practice. During my time with her in class I have been able to focus on specific exercises and muscle movements that have improved my flexibility and overall sense of well being. Tanya is great at working with me to encourage progress in my yoga practice. Her class helps reinforce goals to maintain a healthy lifestyle with emphasis on longevity.”Lisa Stukel, Carefree, AZ
Tanya also teaches Bellydancing
and does Personal Training